Friday 13 March 2015

Cheltenham Results Day Four...



Day Four Results
Ok today. Largely saved by the Coneygree 9/1 ('saver'). The 2.40pm just fell apart for me - but two of the selections virtually halved in price before the off, so I had good value. I would have really expected one or two more good priced winners over the festival but if you bet the bigger prices you tend to 'live and die' by one or two horses! I tend to avoid the shorter priced runners (generally very poor value at big meetings) having said that I got five out of six favourites that I staked (one faller). I do bet them in accumulators / savers - only to try and cover stakes on the main selections.

I made good profit again this year - even if it wasn't spectacular. Of course I am a trader not a bettor - except at the big meetings! Normally betting each-way is not the way to go. Win bets are more profitable over the long term, although results volatility will be greater. For me, the big meetings are about having an 'interest' in the race and so each way betting is the best option for that. I had a lot of fun and I hope you did too! Day Four post.

1.30pm
Hargam 15/2 - 3rd
Devilment 22/1 (e/w) - 4th (Four places on offer with a few bookies).
Petite Parisienne 11/1 - 5th

2.40pm
Definitely Red 25/1 (e/w) - PU
Tea For Two 28/1 (e/w) - PU
Carracci Apache 22/1 (e/w) - PU
Blaklion 14/1 (e/w) - PU


3.20pm
Many Clouds 8/1 - 6th
Holywell 14/1 (e/w) - 4th
Bobs Worth 20/1 (e/w) - PU

'Saver' on Coneygree 9/1 - 1st

Of the other mentions for the last three races - where I didn't bet - the highlights were:

Paint the Clouds 5/1 - 3rd
Chosen Milan 40/1 (e/w) - 5th (into 16/1 SP)
Shelford 22/1 (e/w) - 5th

So a bit of excitement.

Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment